Thursday, May 30, 2013

What's Next? - Parallel, Viral Nation, or Pretty Dark Nothing




What's Next? is a weekly meme hosted by Icey Books.  Here's how it works - I show you 3-5 books that I'd like to read soon and you vote on which one I should read next!  Since I'm so indecisive, this is perfect for me!

So...what do you think?

Which one should I read next??




Parallel
Lauren Miller

Abby Barnes had a plan. The Plan. She'd go to Northwestern, major in journalism, and land a job at a national newspaper, all before she turned twenty-two. But one tiny choice—taking a drama class her senior year of high school—changed all that. Now, on the eve of her eighteenth birthday, Abby is stuck on a Hollywood movie set, miles from where she wants to be, wishing she could rewind her life. The next morning, she's in a dorm room at Yale, with no memory of how she got there. Overnight, it's as if her past has been rewritten.

With the help of Caitlin, her science-savvy BFF, Abby discovers that this new reality is the result of a cosmic collision of parallel universes that has Abby living an alternate version of her life. And not only that: Abby's life changes every time her parallel self makes a new choice. Meanwhile, her parallel is living out Abby's senior year of high school and falling for someone Abby's never even met.

As she struggles to navigate her ever-shifting existence, forced to live out the consequences of a path she didn't choose, Abby must let go of the Plan and learn to focus on the present, without losing sight of who she is, the boy who might just be her soul mate, and the destiny that's finally within reach.
Viral NationShaunta Grimes

After a virus claimed nearly the entire global population, the world changed. The United States splintered into fifty walled cities where the surviving citizens clustered to start over. The Company, which ended the plague by bringing a life-saving vaccine back from the future, controls everything. They ration the scant food and supplies through a lottery system, mandate daily doses of virus suppressant, and even monitor future timelines to stop crimes before they can be committed.

Brilliant but autistic, sixteen-year-old Clover Donovan has always dreamed of studying at the Waverly-Stead Academy. Her brother and caretaker, West, has done everything in his power to make her dream a reality. But Clover’s refusal to part with her beloved service dog denies her entry into the school. Instead, she is drafted into the Time Mariners, a team of Company operatives who travel through time to gather news about the future.

When one of Clover’s missions reveals that West’s life is in danger, the Donovans are shattered. To change West’s fate, they’ll have to take on the mysterious Company. But as its secrets are revealed, they realize that the Company’s rule may not be as benevolent as it seems. In saving her brother, Clover will face a more powerful force than she ever imagined… and will team up with a band of fellow misfits and outsiders to incite a revolution that will change their destinies forever.



Pretty Dark Nothing (Pretty Dark Nothing, #1)
Heather L. Reid

It’s been twenty three days since Quinn has slept for more than minutes at a time. Demons have invaded her dreams, stalking her, and whispering of her death. The lack of sleep and crippling fear are ruining her life. Energy drinks and caffeine pills don’t make a dent. When Quinn dozes off in the school hallway, Aaron, an amnesiac with a psychic ability, accidentally enters her nightmare. The demons are determined to keep them apart, and Aaron from discovering the secret locked away in his memory. Together, they could banish the darkness back to the underworld for good. That is, unless the demons kill them first.

13 comments:

  1. Viral Nation, DEFINITELY read it! I have been DYING to read it! Your so lucky to have a ARC! :) Enjoy it. I can't wait to read your review for it!

    Thanks for stopping my my blog Addicted Readers and Commenting! New follower via Goggle +

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got Viral Nation from Netgalley. Have you tried requesting books from them? I assumed I would need to have more followers before I would be approved, but I actually got approved for most of the ones I asked for.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I now follow yours as well via GFC & Bloglovin'.

    I would choose Parallel. :)

    Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parallel is what I was leaning toward on my own. We'll see how the vote pans out!

      Delete
  3. Hehe!! Goodluck picking one, from the blurbs I'd say Pretty Dark Nothing!! Sounds great!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parallel! I just pick this one up, and I can't wait to read it too. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been intrigued by the Parallel since I first heard of it and couldn't get the idea out of my head. If it isn't next, I'll still be reading it very soon!

      Delete
  5. Parallel looks like a good read, I've been wanting to read that!

    I've grabbed your button and followed you back! Cute blog, I love the layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like Parallel has taken the lead! Thanks for following and for posting my button. And thanks for the compliment on the blog. I can't take credit for the layout - it was created by the fabulous Lena.

      Delete
  6. Viral Nation!! It's epic! I just finished my ARC.

    I'm stopping by from the Iceybooks linkup. :)

    - cait
    notebooksisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man! I want to read them all. Well, I guess if Parallel wins, I'll read Viral Nation next!

      Delete
  7. Okay, well, I just finished The Eternity Cure, so my time is up. I'm going to read Parallel and then I'll read Viral Nation right afterward. So many books, so little time!!

    ReplyDelete